Growing up stinks. But, some things do get better with age. Wine. Pickles
. And, well, Sesame Street. Whether you're five or fifty-three, it's hard not to smile, giggle, and feel warm and fuzzy watching Sesame Street.
From cookie-loving blue monsters to a vampire who only wants to drink the number 34,969, there's a seat at 123 Sesame Street for everyone. So, sing your way to Sesame Street in a Sesame Street shirt—brought to you by the letter T and the numbers 6 and 9.
This Way to Sesame Street Shirts
As a kid, all we wanted to do was to figure out how to get to Sesame Street, right? There were promises of sunny days, cloudless skies, and sweet-scented air. There were even magic carpets, happy people, and friendly neighbours.
But, of course, every time we tried to climb through the television screen, all we ended with was a sore noggin. And, if you were extra special, a couple of miniature Big Birds flying around your noggin. No? Just me, then.
Anyhoo, taking a stroll down Sesame Street in your Sesame Street hoodies wasn't easy in 1969 when the show first aired. So you could say finding Sesame Street wasn't A-OK. (If you're laughing at the year 1969, we're right there with you, buddy. Growing up stinks.)
Now, as adults, we have Google. And we know that Sesame Street is in New York—specifically at the intersection of West 63rd and Broadway. So, if you're in the Big Apple, all you have to do is "take the 1 uptown to 66th/Lincoln Center, then walk three blocks down to 63rd and take a left on Broadway."
If heading to the Big Apple is too much effort, come and play at Threadheads instead. You don't need to travel too far with a smorgasbord of extra-comfy, planet-friendly men's and women's Sesame Street shirts. (Heck, we even have Sesame Street toddler t-shirts!) Saunter down Sesame Street from the comfort of your living room in your lush Sesame Street merch.
If you were a muppet, which one would you be? Sesame Street Muppet Shirts
But do you know your spirit muppet? (It's Elmo, obviously.) So if you're having trouble deciding, here are our nonsensical suggestions. (It's Elmo, obviously.)
- Do you love eating pie, hubcaps, flatware, and cookies? Would you trade your first-born muppet for a cookie? Om-nom-nom-nom, Cookie Monster.
- Are you 43 years old, green, furry, and a trash-lover? Get Grouchy.
- Is your favourite food wasabi? Do you have a pet goldfish named Dorothy? It's Elmo's World.
- Do you live in your parent's basement, take bubble baths, and secretly play with a Rubber Duckie? Get a job. You must be an Ernie!
- Are you a 7'8" NBA player? Ooft, aren't you a Big Bird?
Whether you're an Elmo, Ernie, or Snuffy, Threadheads has a Sesame Street shirt for you. Head this way.
What did you learn on Sesame Street? Life Lessons in Sesame Street T-Shirts
If you were a preschooler in the 70s, 80s, 90s, or even noughties, Sesame Street was probably your surrogate school teacher at some point in your life. Plonking a kid in front of Sesame Street was as good as kindergarten (with fewer boogers).
You might’ve learnt to count from Count von Count. Or maybe you learnt the ABCs from Big Bird. One thing is for sure—Sesame Street was filled with life lessons to build your Street Smarts.
Our favourite? Sesame Street taught us to understand the world we lived in—to celebrate everyone, no matter their fur colour or favourite food. And as you know, we’re all about inclusivity at Threadheads. It’s why our head of security is a Chihuahua named Taco and not a big burly bloke called Bazza.
And it’s also why our collaboration with Sesame Street is super-duper special. We’ve got Sesame Street women's shirts, men's Sesame Street shirts, and Sesame Street toddler t-shirts.
Now we know what you’re thinking. Where are the Sesame Street t-shirts that fit Aloysius Snuffleupagus? Look, we’re only humans, not muppets; we can’t do everything. Check back later; we’re working on it.
In the meantime, here are our favourite life lessons from Sesame Street. (Make sure you wear a Sesame Street hoodie or shirt when reading these.)
- It’s incredible where you can go with your imagination.” - Elmo
- "Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling.” - Miss Piggy
- “Life’s like a movie. Write your own ending.” - Kermit the Frog
- “Early bird gets the worm. But cookie taste better than worm. So me sleep in.” - Cookie Monster
- “Everyone makes mistakes, so why can’t you?” - Big Bird
- “Cookie is like high five for stomach.” - Cookie Monster